Jan 21, 2009

Intro to RP


Retinitis Pigmentosa, commonly abbreviated as "RP", is only one of a numerous set of progressive, genetic eye diseases that affects more than 400,000 Americans each year.


The purpose of this web-log is to inform, educate, and empower the reader as to the background of the condition itself. This will be done by showing potential warning signs, effects on daily living, steps in diagnoses, effective treatment options, links to external sources, exerpts and advice from individuals who suffer from this disease, and other useful tips and nuggets of information.


I hope you find this blog informative and useful, because you never know who may be suffering from this debilitating disease around you!


4 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with this disease but the photos that were posted on the side about how a person's image is impacted was very powerful. The ability to see is very important and I think that we should continue to help those who are struggling with this disease. My vision is very important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an interesting topic and it is disease that I have never heard of before. I am excited to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a project in high school on this disease and I totally forgot about it until I read this blog. This is a great topic to inform people about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize this disease affected so many people. 400,000 is so many. It should be interesting to hear about since eye diseases always fascinate me. Since my grandma has macular degeneration, I'm more prone to having it someday as well. I don't know how similar the diseases are though, this will be more interesting to learn about!

    ReplyDelete