Apr 14, 2009

Over the years...

In case you hadn't already clued in, the very author of this blog suffers from RP. Now, I'm not asking you to feel sorry for me, but I wish to simply educate my peers on the condition I have just to try and understand where I'm coming from, or viewing it from my perspective. I have had the symptoms of this disease since childhood, so basically for as long as I can remember. I've worn corrective lenses since preschool, and the one time I tried to wear contact lenses, my eyes did not cooperate with the idea of trying to rest small, clear lenses onto my eyeball.



I've always been a good student, but I have had to learn in various different ways, relying more on the assistance from others than is noticeable. On a sidenote, I don't always sit in the front of the classroom, mainly because of perceptions of students who sit there (partially joking), but I don't always like sitting in the back either. It's difficult for me to read the board at that distance, and I believe there are more distractions, and it's much easier to slack off and not pay attention to what's being taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment